How it Works
How do DateandDash speed dating parties work?
- Smile and use the other person's name.
- Find something to compliment the person on, don't lie.
- Keep topics to pop culture, no politics, ex's,
- Ask about the other person using open ended questions, those which cannot be answered with a yes or no.
- Answer questions succinctly and then give away a small amount about yourself.
- Use eye contact and open body language. Don't be afraid to touch.
- Size them up, what they do for a living, etc.
- Bad mouth other daters.
- No crossing of the arms.
Why do "I" need speed dating, I am young, attractive, and good looking?
Most people think it is shallow to attend a speed dating event. This is because they are not aware of what it really is and the success it brings.
Speed dating has many benefits. For instance, lets say you are 28 you have a good job and you are an all around good catch, then, chances are you are done with the bar scene. You are looking for a serious relationship, with speed dating you can go to one three hour event and meet any where from 6 – 20+ other people who are single and in the same boat as you!! Why would you not want to do that?
Let's also take in to consideration that at the end of the event, sometime usually with in 72 hours you get notified of your matches. That means not only do you not have to face rejection but you also get the contact information of the people who liked you too. No more fooling around on the computer hoping that who you are talking to is really who they say they are, attend a speed dating event and you know exactly what it is you get.
In addition, it really is a fun event. It will give you something to do on a week night.
In conclusion, you just have to treat this like everything else. Give it a shot and see if it is for you. You will find if you ask someone who has been to a speed dating event, that they would do it again.